Post #20 My top 5 animal adjectives

Welcome back to Elliott's Quarantine Quintet! We made it to post #20!

Also, after my most recent post, I passed 500 total page views for EQQ!

My most popular post among all my previous posts was post #7 My top 5 collective nouns for groups of animals (https://quarantinequintet.blogspot.com/2020/05/post-7-my-top-5-collective-nouns-for.html), so, in an effort to rekindle some of that popularity, I have decided to make another animal-based post.

    1. Porcine-of or relating to swine, hoggish; piggish

This adjective comes in handy if your want to deliver a good dis while also sounding sophisticated (be sure to properly pronounce the soft C for maximum sophisticated airs).

    2. Vulpine-of or relating to a fox, cunning or crafty

I think of this adjective as generally complimentary, if in a slightly mischievous way. I wouldn't mind being described as having a vulpine manner.

    3. Ovine-pertaining to, of the nature of, or like sheep

We all know those people who follow the crowd, often blindly. Now you've got a cool-sounding adjective to describe them.

    4. Lupine-of, like, or relating to a wolf or wolves

This adjective is best used to describe a predatory grin.

    5. Accipitrine-raptorial; like or related to the birds of prey

I'm not really sure in what context this adjective would be used, but it sounds cool to say it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Post #24 My top 5 names for females of animal species

Post #4 My top 5 United States mottos

Post #28 My top 5 portmanteaus