Post #10 My top 5 SAT COVID-19 nouns


Welcome back to Elliott's Quarantine Quintet! This is the 10th EQQ post, which I believe makes it an official blog. It is also longer than I stick with most new things that I try out, so I am proud of myself for that.

I have no idea if any of these nouns have ever been, or will ever be, on the SAT. They just sound like the kind of vocabulary words we were encouraged to know for use on the test.

To clarify, I am not necessarily attributing these thoughts and feelings to anybody else; they are merely my personal experiences.
 
All definitions are from Dictionary.com.
 
    1. morass

"any confusing or troublesome situation, especially one from which it is difficult to free oneself; entanglement" It also sounds like you're saying "more ass" :)

    2. cataclysm

"any violent upheaval, especially one of a social or political nature. This noun is much more often used in it's adjectival form, cataclysmic, or relating to a cataclysm.

    3. quagmire

"a situation from which extraction is very difficult." Pretty much a synonym for morass, but a good word to use nonetheless, Also, the definition has nothing to do with the Family Guy character Glenn Quagmire (giggity, giggity).

    4. malaise

"a vague or unfocused feeling of mental uneasiness, lethargy or discomfort." No further explanation needed.

    5. languor

"a lack of energy or vitality; sluggishness." Again, no further explanation needed.


The morass in which we have been for the past nearly three months was brought on by the cataclysm of the novel coronavirus. Nobody knows how much longer this quagmire will last, causing the already strong feelings of malaise and languor to continue to increase daily.


What COVID-19 nouns did I miss?


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Post #24 My top 5 names for females of animal species

Post #4 My top 5 United States mottos

Post #28 My top 5 portmanteaus