Post #11 My top 5 names of Crayola box of 64 crayon colors

    
Welcome back to Elliott's Quarantine Quintet!
 
I have so many wonderful memories from elementary school of picking out crayons from my Crayola box of 64 and drawing something with them. Now that I think about it, it makes me sad, how little time I have spent drawing since elementary school considering how much joy I used to get from it.

However, I know that none of you signed up to be my psychologist, so I'll leave that be for now and get right to my five favorite color names.

    1. Robin's Egg Blue

This color name tops my list because of how descriptive it is. If I were to try to describe it, I would say it is like turquoise but a little bit greener, but there really is no better way to describe the color than Robin's Egg Blue. Of course, this description is only good if you have seen a robin's egg. I imagine most people have, and, with today's internet image searches, it's easy to see what one looks like in case you have not.

    2. Mauvelous

I am a fan of a good pun. So I am certainly a fan of the name of this light pink color that uses the color mauve (a pale purple) and sounds like British person (or American person putting on a British accent) saying "marvelous."

    3. Purple Mountain's Majesty

I vividly remember this very light purple shade being one of my favorite crayons to use as a child. Maybe it is a little bit of a cheap shot for Crayola to use the term from the song "America the Beautiful," but I guess it worked. I always felt patriotic using this color.

    4. Macaroni and Cheese

I am a big fan of the food macaroni and cheese. If I'm picking nits (which I am), I would make this color -which I would describe as a light peach color - either more yellow or more orange to fit better with the name. I bet Crayola has already had a team of high-powered lawyers go over this, but I wonder if a family would have grounds to sue if a child ate this crayon thinking it was the food macaroni and cheese.

    5. Granny Smith Apple

Just like the above color name, I am a big fan of the food after which it is named. As above I also think Crayola missed the mark when trying to get this very specific color. The color is a very light green, and I think it should be a shade darker to be more accurate. Same legal question as above.


At this time I would like to take a moment of silence for the many colors that were at one point part of the Crayola box of 64 but are no longer a part of it.


What is your favorite color or favorite name of a color?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Post #24 My top 5 names for females of animal species

Post #4 My top 5 United States mottos

Post #28 My top 5 portmanteaus