Post #12 My top 5 S&P 500 stock ticker symbols

Today's post comes a little later in the day than usual (not that anybody would have noticed)

I don't know how a company ends up with a specific stock ticker symbol. Somehow, though, some companies ended up with some really cool ticker symbols.

Also, I feel it is necessary to point out that this is in no way, shape or form financial advice.

    1. TAP

It is only appropriate that this ticker symbol belongs to one of the world's largest brewing companies, the Molson Coors Beverage Company, brewer of such beverages as Coors and Coors Light, Keystone and Keystone Light and Blue Moon.

    2. XRAY

This ticker symbol belongs to Dentsply Sirona, an American dental equipment maker. I had never heard of this company, and you have no reason to remember the name. Nevertheless, it is a pretty cool ticker symbol to have.

    3. HOG

As you may have guessed, the ticker symbol for Harley Davidson cines from the nickname for its motorcycles. A cool company deserves a cool ticker symbol.

    4. YUM

This ticker symbol goes hand-in-hand with the brilliantly named fast food corporation Yum! Brands. Yum! Brands operates KFC, Pizza Hut and Taco Bell. Its ticker symbol goes so well with what this company's image.

    5. IBM

There is beauty in simplicity. Oftentimes I am uncertain what a company's stock ticker symbol is and I have to look it up. No such concern with International Business Machines. For this same reason, I could have chosen EBAY, CVS or MGM.


Other than your initials, what ticker symbol would you want to represent you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Post #24 My top 5 names for females of animal species

Post #4 My top 5 United States mottos

Post #28 My top 5 portmanteaus