Post #7 My top 5 collective nouns for groups of animals

Welcome back to Elliott's Quarantine Quintet! I don’t know who gets to come up with these terms and who gets to decide what they are, but there are some pretty awesome collective nouns for a groups of animals.

 
     1. A murder of crows

This group sounds both cool and tough.     2. A conspiracy of lemurs


Lemurs always look like they’re up to something.     3. A consortium of crabs


I like the idea of crabs sidling along but saying in a snobby, British accent, “We’re a consortium.”     4. A pride of lions


It is only fitting that the kings of the jungle get a majestic name.     5. A flamboyance of flamingos


They’re pink, have skinny legs and are often preening themselves, so this name seems fitting.


I’m looking for suggestions. What should the collective noun be for a group of journalists?


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Post #24 My top 5 names for females of animal species

Post #4 My top 5 United States mottos

Post #28 My top 5 portmanteaus