Post #30 My top 5 SAT COVID-19 adjectives

Welcome back to Elliott's Quarantine Quintet!

This will be my final EQQ post. For ten weeks, I have fulfilled my initial goal of  posting every Monday, Wednesday and Friday (except for this one, which is coming late). Now I will dedicate that time to other (as yet to be determined) creative pursuits.

Today's post is in the same vein as Post #10 My top 5 SAT COVID-19 nouns (https://quarantinequintet.blogspot.com/2020/06/my-top-5-sat-covid-19-nouns.html), and the same caveat exists. I do not know if any of these adjectives have ever been, or will ever be, on the SAT. They just sound like the kind of vocabulary words we used to be encouraged to study.

Once again, all definitions are from dictionary.com.

    1. Cloistered-secluded from the world; sheltered

Do you remember when we used to go out to places and do things? I hope to be able to resume that practice in the not too distant future.

    2. Intractable-not easily controlled or directed; not docile or manageable; stubborn; obstinate

I was one of the optimistic (naïve?) people who thought early on that COVID-19 would be brought under control quickly and easily.

    3. Ubiquitous-existing or being everywhere, especially at the same time; omnipresent

While it at first appeared to be isolated to one part of the world, COVID-19 has now spread to 213 countries and territories, including all 50 states

    4. Calamitous-causing, involving, or resulting in a calamity (calamity is defined as "a great misfortune or disaster, as a flood or serious injury); disastrous

I've never liked definitions that use another form of the word in defining it, but I do think the virus (as well as its many side effects) are certainly calamitous.

    5. Perplexing-completely baffling, very puzzling

Even many months after the top experts from around the world started studying the novel coronavirus, there is a lot that is unknown about the virus, the way it acts and how best to treat it.


Thank your for taking this journey with me!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Post #24 My top 5 names for females of animal species

Post #4 My top 5 United States mottos

Post #28 My top 5 portmanteaus